Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10 projects

From doing these 10 projects i learned a lot about finishing work for a strict deadline. I managed my time pretty well though, by at least starting a few projects every to every other day. by the end it was just a race to finish up each of them, which was good because I'd finish one or two project every night for the last few days. I experimented with a a few of different types of media: pencil, cardboard, but mostly paint. I really liked painting too because of how you could fill a ton of space at once instead of how it is with pencil and it takes forever. I wish i had taken painting along side drawing, but what are you gonna do?
   anyways, I'm considering doing the drawing portfolio because I feel like my strong point is my drawing, but i will defiantly be painting as well. the 2D design portfolio seems to have a lot more to do with things you learn in design class, and i never took design. It also seems to me that the drawing will be harder, but id rather take the more challenging route because then ill get better.

1 comment:

  1. Drawing portfolio is a great fit for you. You can even experiment a bit with some of the slightly 3d things I know you enjoy. Remember it is all about the mark-making so whatever media you choose so long as you emphasize that. Even stitching can be considered mark-making.

    ReplyDelete