Tuesday, November 30, 2010

free choice

For my free chice project i wanted to focus more on the watercolor pencils that i used for my self portrait.  I love the way you can spread the color you put down with the pastel/ pencils, but it still will stay in the original position. My concept was just a simple still life at home, and so i aranged a few objects on a table in a group of five, to be asteticly pleasing. the objects are a camera stand, a flannel shirt, ,an udu drum, a orange juice box, abd a pen. I when drawing the still life i aranged everything on the paper the same way i had set it up asymetrically and didnt let the fact things like the camera stand whent of the page bother me. While laying down the colors I worked my way from light to dark and started by creating just the shape of each object with one color, and added detail with each layer i went back with. Sadly, i didnt go back and layer enough so the peice lacks extreame contrast without the rendering. The thing i liked most about this was working from real life, becuase you can look closer at detials than you can with pictures... or even ideas in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment